By boat from Ardglass Harbour. The site is off the rocks beneath the 18th Tee Box (i.e. beneath the clubhouse)
Ardglass provides all weather protection for boats and easy offshore access in most weather conditions. The slipway is 20m long and 4m wide. Contact the harbour master in advance (02844841291/07990648274) as this is a busy fishing harbour. Public toilets can be found at 3 Castle cove in the town and there is car parking at the North Pier on Quay street.
- Many golf balls and discarded fishing gloves on seabed.
- Wayward drives of the 18th tee!
Steep vertical walls with many crevices.
A thriving faunal community of fish, crustaceans and starfish with mixed red and brown seaweeds.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here
- Ardglass Harbour Master: 028 44 841291 / 07990648274
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 12.