By boat from Ballycastle Harbour. The site lies approx. 500m due north off Maguire Strand Camping & Caravan Park.
Ballycastle Harbour has a gated slipway (open during office hours) and pontoon berthing (fees apply). For use contact the Ballycastle Harbour Office: 02820768525 / 07803505984. Free car parking is available above the harbour and marina. Free public toilets are available in the visitor information office above the harbour.
Nearest tank filling is Aquaholics in Ballycastle or Portstewart (ring ahead: 028 7083 2584)
- Strong tidal currents.
A flat, mixed seabed with boulders, cobbles, pebbles and coarse gravel.
A pristine seabed community of boulders and cobbles supporting mixed seaweeds, including kelp Laminaria hyperborea and sea beech Delesseria sanguinea. The cobbles are dominated by the antenna hydroid Nemertesia antennina and the encrusting bryozoan Parasmittina trispinosa, with mobile fauna including common starfish Asterias rubens and the spiny starfish Marthasterias glacialis.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Ballycastle Harbour Office No. 028 207 68525 Mobile Number 07803 505084
- When navigating within Ballycastle Harbour, use VHF Channel 80.