Come off Main Street in Groomsport village onto The Point, a dead ended residential uneven road. Park on the verge here. On foot, head north for 50m, then break left and head 40m west towards fence. From the fence, head 50m NE over sand to the entry point.
Public toilets, a slipway and free car parking are available nearby at Groomsport Harbour.
Nearest tank filling: DV Diving, Newtownards
- Rocks, slippery seaweed and soft sand make entry at low tide hazardous (to be avoided!).
- Occasional recreational boat traffic out of Groomsport Harbour
An easy shallow dive with sand and rocky areas and plenty to see. Also suitable for snorkelling.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here