Come off Main Street in Groomsport village onto The Point, a dead ended residential uneven road. Park on the verge here. On foot, head north for 50m, then break left and head 40m west towards fence. From the fence, head 50m NE over sand to the entry point.
Public toilets, a slipway and free car parking are available nearby at Groomsport Harbour.
Nearest tank filling: DV Diving, Newtownards
- Rocks, slippery seaweed and soft sand make entry at low tide hazardous (to be avoided!).
- Occasional recreational boat traffic out of Groomsport Harbour
An easy shallow dive with sand and rocky areas and plenty to see. Also suitable for snorkelling.
The usual suspects but with recent records for the cushion star Asterina gibbosa and volcano sponge Haliclona viscosa.
View all species records from this site
A link to the dive site location on the NBN Atlas Northern Ireland website, showing all species records from within a 1km boundary of the site centroid. Any new species records from the site submitted to Seasearch, iRecord, CEDaR Online Recording or iNaturalist will appear here
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here
Leave a Comment
Dived here recently? Then let other divers know about this site from your experience!