Travel to Donaghadee and continue on the coastal road (Millisle Road) towards Millisle. Approximately 1.5 miles from Donaghadee there is a car park on your right hand side. It’s ‘Car Park, 235-225, A2, Donaghadee, BT21 0LN’ on Google Maps. Halfway down the car park there is a gap in the wall, leading across the road to a path to the beach.
Free public car park above site. Public toilets are available in Donaghadee (4A Parade) as well as a slipway.
Nearest tank filling is DV Diving, Newtownards.
- Very light boat traffic.
- Lobster pots in the area.
- Potentially stronger currents outside the bay.
A beautiful sandy beach leading to areas of mixed seaweed and further out to areas of rocky, kelp covered reef. Bound on both sides by areas of rocky reef. Sheltered in the bay but beware of potentially stronger currents further out.
Juvenile fish, crustaceans and worms on the sandy areas, including areas of sea spaghetti, lettuce and other mixed weed. Moving further out of the bay, rocky reef areas are habitats to numerous sea squirts, starfish and other species.
View all species records from this siteA link to the dive site location on the NBN Atlas Northern Ireland website, showing all species records from within a 1km boundary of the site centroid. Any new species records from the site submitted to Seasearch, iRecord, CEDaR Online Recording or iNaturalist will appear here
North Channel SAC
Outer Ards ASSI
East Coast Marine Proposed SPA
Outer Ards RAMSAR Site
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Donaghadee Harbour Master: 028 9188 2377
Leave a Comment
Dived here recently? Then let other divers know about this site from your experience!