Park on Bath Street (one-way only) above the site, or on Bath Road, outside the Portrush Coastal Zone. From here follow the footpath down to the Blue Pool steps.
Free car parking is available on Bath Street (one-way only) above the site, although this can be limited. Alternatively free car parking is available on Bath Road, outside the Portrush Coastal Zone (or further along in the Ramore Head car park). Public toilets and picnic benches are available in Ramore Head car park.
Nearest tank filling is Aquaholics in Portstewart (028 7083 2584)
- Swell can make exits difficult especially at low water.
- Snagged fishing lines are common on the seabed along with general litter, including glass and cans.
- A popular site for cliff jumpers so a Surface Marker Buoy essential.
Gently sloping rocky seabed with a cave and gully. Outside the Blue Pool to the west there are two crevices, and to the east there is a cove with a gravel and boulder seabed. The rest of the seabed is mostly sandy.
The ceiling of the cave is covered in sea squirts.
View all species records from this siteA link to the dive site location on the NBN Atlas Northern Ireland website, showing all species records from within a 1km boundary of the site centroid. Any new species records from the site submitted to Seasearch, iRecord, CEDaR Online Recording or iNaturalist will appear here
Aquaholics – Portstewart Portrush
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here
Leave a Comment
Dived here recently? Then let other divers know about this site from your experience!