By boat, the closest harbour is Carnlough. From here head north-east, for approx. 1.8km
A slipway for small craft, and public toilets are available beside the car park on Herbert Street in Carnlough.
- The site is exposed to strong tidal currents.
The seabed is comprised of firm, coarse, rippled sand with areas of shells, pebbles and cobbles.
The rare rosy starfish Stichastrella rosea was recorded here by the Ulster Museum dive team in the 1980s, however the site has not been surveyed in some time.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Carnlough Harbour Office: 028 9336 6666