Enter at slip follow round to the left of the island. The seabed drops sharply to 10 metres past the end of the wall to an area of cobbles. It is very shallow to the right of the island.
Dunseverick has a slipway, small car park and public toilets (open daily from 8am). Be sure not to park on private property!
Nearest tank filling is Aquaholics, Portstewart/ Ballycastle (028 7083 2584)
- Strong currents exist to the north-east, out from the harbour.
- Boat traffic in/out of the harbour.
The site has deep pools, gullies, crevasses and a rocky, stony seafloor with patches of sand and some boulders. There are deep pools to the west, which suits beginners.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here
- Dunseverick/Ballycastle Harbour Office: 028 207 68525 Mobile Number 07803 505084
- When navigating within Dunseverick Harbour, use VHF Channel 80.