Head through Bangor town centre and park in Quay Street Car Park adjacent to the Bangor RNLI Station. Access from the car park is via a short walk to the north side of the pier/RNLI Station. Follow the steps down to an area of cobbles and pebbles for an easy entry. Head out in a NW direction following the pier.
Free car parking at Quay Street Car Park. Public toilets are available near the marina area.
Nearest tank filling is DV Diving, Newtownards.
- Boat traffic from Bangor Marina.
- Lobster pots at site.
- Minor slip hazard from entry over cobbles.
- Popular for shore fishing so beware of entanglement.
Shallow shore dive from about 2m to 7m. Head out in a NW direction following the pier. There are areas of sand on the right and weedy rocky crevices to explore to the left. Bear SE to return.
Crabs and sand eels are found on the sandy area off the pier. Wrasse, prawns, sea squirts, starfish and anemones are found on the rocky crevices immediately beneath the pier.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Bangor Harbour Master: 028 9145 3297.
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 11.