By boat from Ballycastle, travel north-east for approx 5.8 km to the tip of Fair Head. The site is located 60 metres off the shoreline.
Ballycastle Harbour has a gated slipway (open during office hours) and pontoon berthing (fees apply). For use contact the Ballycastle Harbour Office: 02820768525 / 07803505984. Free car parking is available above the harbour and marina. Free public toilets are available in the visitor information office above the harbour.
Nearest tank filling is Aquaholics in Ballycastle or Portstewart (ring ahead: 028 7083 2584)
- Strong tidal currents.
- There is consistent ground swell on the western side of Fair Head.
Boulder slope with cobbles and pebbles descending to a flat seabed at around 30 metres deep.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Ballycastle Harbour Office No. 028 207 68525 Mobile Number 07803 505084
- When navigating within Ballycastle Harbour, use VHF Channel 80.