By boat from Portstewart or Portrush. The site is 300m NNW of Portstewart Harbour entrance.
Public toilets are available on the Harbour Road in Portstewart, 50 metres from the ahrbour. Free car parking is available in Harbour Place car park above the harbour. The slipway is not available for ad hoc use and a barrier restricts access.
Portrush Harbour offers free car parking above the harbour, public toilets in the harbour office and a slipway on the North Pier. There is a barrier to the harbour which is staffed during office hours, 7 days a week from April – September. Fees apply; for use contact Portrush Harbour Office: 02870822307 / 0788981860.
Nearest tank filling is Aquaholics in Portstewart (028 7083 2584)
- Tidal currents can be very strong (prepare for a drift dive).
- Metal wreckage has been reported previously
Flat sloping seabed comprised of coarse sand patches, boulders, cobbles and pebbles. Due to the strong tidal currents, this is often a drift dive.
Hermit and masked crabs are common here, along with sea urchins and common whelk or ‘buccies’ Buccinum undatum.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here
- Portstewart/Portrush Harbour Office: 02870822307
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 12.