Parking is available in Glenarm Village adjacent to the harbour. Access the shore on foot from here via the rocky slope on the sea side of the road.
Public toilets available in the town near the main car park on the Cloney road. The pier is 25m long, 5.9m wide and leads into deep water (4m at low tide). The marina has pontoons.
- Recreational boat traffic and moorings nearby.
- The site is quite exposed to the east.
- There can be litter in the bay.
A sloping sedimented cobble and pebble seabed with dense kelp forest down to approx. 12 metres, which tapers off with depth to a sandy gravelly seabed.
The rocks are dominated by kelp and pink encrusting algae at the base. Look out for sea urchins and starfish. A brittlestar bed has been recorded from this site previously.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here
- Glenarm Harbour Office: 028 9336 6666