Follow Shore Road into Greenore and turn right at the T junction to park in the lay-by above the beach. Access the shore from here on foot.
The nearest public toilets are in Carlingford village. Free car parking is available above the site: https://goo.gl/maps/Xv6PPocjis3ftBMP9
- The site is very close to the Greenore – Greencastle ferry lane (surface marker buoy and vigilant surface cover vital)
A silty, cobbled slope.
The site supports a diversity of crustaceans and fish species, including shanny, gobies and butterfish. Pairs of butterfish were filmed displaying mating behaviour at the site in October 2018 by Seasearch divers. The invasive leathery sea squirt Styela clava has been recorded here recently.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Carlingford Marina Office: +353 42 937 3072
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 12/16.