By boat from Carlingford or Greenore. The site is approx. 2km SE of Cranfield Point.
Carlingford Marina provides facilties including a slip, pontoons and toilets (visit: https://www.carlingfordmarina.com/). Public toilets are also available near to the western pier in Carlingford.
Small boats can be launched from the shore at Greenore. Free car parking is available above the launch site: https://goo.gl/maps/Xv6PPocjis3ftBMP9. The nearest public toilets are in Carlingford village.
A mixed seabed comprised of sand, gravel, pebbles, cobbles and boulders.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Carlingford Marina Office: +353 42 937 3072 .
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 12/16.