By boat from Carlingford or Greenore. The site is approx. 2km SE of Cranfield Point.
Carlingford Marina provides facilties including a slip, pontoons and toilets (visit: https://www.carlingfordmarina.com/). Public toilets are also available near to the western pier in Carlingford.
Small boats can be launched from the shore at Greenore. Free car parking is available above the launch site: https://goo.gl/maps/Xv6PPocjis3ftBMP9. The nearest public toilets are in Carlingford village.
A mixed seabed comprised of sand, gravel, pebbles, cobbles and boulders.
The site supports a diverse algal community, including Red Rags Dilsea carnosa and Cock’s Comb weed Plocamium sp., the brown Desmarestia aculeata and the kelp furbellows Saccorhiza polyschides. Spider crabs and sea scorpion fish are also recorded here.
View all species records from this siteA link to the dive site location on the NBN Atlas Northern Ireland website, showing all species records from within a 1km boundary of the site centroid. Any new species records from the site submitted to Seasearch, iRecord, CEDaR Online Recording or iNaturalist will appear here
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Carlingford Marina Office: +353 42 937 3072 .
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 12/16.
Leave a Comment
Dived here recently? Then let other divers know about this site from your experience!