By boat from Portrush Harbour. The site is approx. 400 metres SE off Little Skerries.
Portrush Harbour offers free car parking above the harbour, public toilets in the harbour office and a slipway on the North Pier. There is a barrier to the harbour which is staffed during office hours, 7 days a week from April – September. Fees apply; for use contact Portrush Harbour Office: 02870822307 / 0788981860.
Nearest tank filling is Aquaholics in Portstewart (028 7083 2584)
- Boat traffic from Portrush (recreational and commercial).
- Tides are also known to be very strong, a DSMB is essential.
A mixed sediment seabed consisting of sand, pebbles and patches of coarse broken shell, with the occasional large boulder.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Portrush Harbour Office: 02870822307.
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 12.