By boat from Portaferry, Strangford or Killyleagh. The site is approx. 500 metres SE of Long Rock (southern section of Strangford Lough).
In Strangford, free parking is available above the marina and a slipway is available at the quays. Public toilets are available at the ferry terminal.
In Portaferry free car parking is available on Meeting House Street beside the arts centre, 300 metres from the harbour slipway. Public toilets are available in the town, close to Castle Park.
Killyleagh offers boat launching facilties at the town’s Yacht Club, which also has a car park and toilets.
Nearest tank filling is DV Diving, Mount Stewart, Newtownards.
- Very strong tidal flows.
An infralittoral rugged, rocky reef surrounded by a muddy sand and gravel seabed.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Portaferry Harbour Master: 028 9188 2377
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 80