By boat from Portstewart or Portush Harbour. The site is approx. 700 metres NW off Portstewart Cliffrocks.
Public toilets are available on the Harbour Road in Portstewart, 50 metres from the ahrbour. Free car parking is available in Harbour Place car park above the harbour. The slipway is not available for ad hoc use and a barrier restricts access.
Portrush Harbour offers free car parking above the harbour, public toilets in the harbour office and a slipway on the North Pier. There is a barrier to the harbour which is staffed during office hours, 7 days a week from April – September. Fees apply; for use contact Portrush Harbour Office: 02870822307 / 0788981860.
Nearest tank filling is Aquaholics in Portstewart (028 7083 2584)
Barren sand with small ripples (described from Ulster Museum/DAERA Sublittoral Survey Northern Ireland 2007).
Mainly barren sand, with some crustaceans and burrowing worms e.g. Lanice conchilega (recorded from Ulster Museum/DAERA Sublittoral Survey Northern Ireland 2007)
View all species records from this siteA link to the dive site location on the NBN Atlas Northern Ireland website, showing all species records from within a 1km boundary of the site centroid. Any new species records from the site submitted to Seasearch, iRecord, CEDaR Online Recording or iNaturalist will appear here
DAERA Skerries & Causeway Survey 2006-2009
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here
- Portstewart/Portrush Harbour Office: 02870822307
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 12.
Leave a Comment
Dived here recently? Then let other divers know about this site from your experience!