Park on the verge at 55.056695, -6.025248 on Garron Road (south side of Red Bay). Be sure not to obstruct the road. Additional parking space is available at the Garron Road car park approx. 500m west of the site. Use the old concrete steps to access the shore. From here, swim out for ~5 metres over boulders and drop down onto the sandy seabed. Dive towards the Old Pier to the West, or towards Garron Point to the east.
Free car parking at Garron Road car park (or on the layby above the site). The nearest public toilets are available at Cushendall caravan park / Cushendall Sailing and Boating Club.
Nearest tank filling is Aquaholics in Portstewart or Ballycastle (call ahead: 028 7083 2584)
- Traffic when crossing road to access point.
- Difficult entry/exist at low tide (high water recommended)
A nice shore dive with a kelpy boulder wall (originally a shore defence) on the shore side, and a sandy seabed on the sea side.
Kelp dominates the boulder wall.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here