Tight car parking space off road about quay (best to car share!). Be sure to avoid private property marked by sign. Point of entry is a walk in beneath the quay. At about 2-3 meters to your right from the end of the pier is a grey pipe. Follow the pipe for approx 10 -11 mtrs and you’ll see a bright yellow line/thick cable. Follow this cable, you’ll pass a big tyre where a few crabs have set up home. You will soon come to the end of the yellow line and its tied to a black line. You are now at 13 meters.
Parking is very limited along the access road, therefore be careful to leave plenty of space for residents and other road users. The Ringhaddy Cruising Club is for club members only. Do not use the private jetty nearby!
- Pleasure boat traffic.
- Litter: regular reports of tyres, bottles, and plastics
The point of entry has boulders and pebble and the quay is very silty and dark even on good days. If your patient you’ll see an abundance of life and a good variety of mixed seaweeds.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Portaferry Harbour Master: 028 9188 2377
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 80