By car from Groomsport/Bangor, follow Warren Road past the Orlock Point entrance and park on the lay-by above the site at 54.665926, -5.571400. Access to the beach is via a steep path and over a small wall. Enter the water at the north end of the beach and follow the rocky shoreline in a NE direction amongst dense seaweed, and in a NW direction once outside the bay.
The nearest public toilets are near Main Street, Groomsport.
Nearest tank filling: DV Diving, Newtownards.
- The path down to the beach is very steep and requires navigating over a small wall (but generally fairly easy).
- Possible boat traffic (area has many lobster pots).
- Moderate lateral current outside the bay.
Sandy sheltered bay beneath a rocky shore with dense kelp and a moderate lateral current.
Kelp park supporting a diversity of starfish, anemones, crustaceans, sea squirts, and sponges.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here
- Groomsport/Donaghadee Harbour Master: 028 9188 2377