By boat from Portmuck, Ballylumford or Belfast Lough. The site is to the north east of the north end of the Gobbins Cliff Path ~300m off the shore
Portmuck Harbour provides free car parking, a slipway and public toilets. The pier is 25 metres long, 6.5 metres wide and in good condition.
Free parking, a slipway, public toilets and outdoor changing facilities are available at Ballylumford Harbour as well (access to slipway restricted to Islandmagee Boat Club members; email: email@example.com).
Nearest tank filling is DV Diving, Mount Stewart, Newtownards.
- Turbulent conditions possible on both the flood and ebb tide.
A flat mixed sediment seabed at 22 metres, consisting of gravel, cobbles, pebbles and small boulders.
Brittlestars, parchment worms and the goose star fish Anseropoda placenta, a Northern Ireland Priority Species, have been recorded at this site.
View all species records from this siteA link to the dive site location on the NBN Atlas Northern Ireland website, showing all species records from within a 1km boundary of the site centroid. Any new species records from the site submitted to Seasearch, iRecord, CEDaR Online Recording or iNaturalist will appear here
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Portmuck/Ballylumford Harbour: 028 9336 6666
Leave a Comment
Dived here recently? Then let other divers know about this site from your experience!