By boat from Portmuck, Ballylumford or Belfast Lough. The site is to the north east of the north end of the Gobbins Cliff Path ~300m off the shore
Portmuck Harbour provides free car parking, a slipway and public toilets. The pier is 25 metres long, 6.5 metres wide and in good condition.
Free parking, a slipway, public toilets and outdoor changing facilities are available at Ballylumford Harbour as well (access to slipway restricted to Islandmagee Boat Club members; email: email@example.com).
Nearest tank filling is DV Diving, Mount Stewart, Newtownards.
- Turbulent conditions possible on both the flood and ebb tide.
A flat mixed sediment seabed at 22 metres, consisting of gravel, cobbles, pebbles and small boulders.
Brittlestars, parchment worms and the goose star fish Anseropoda placenta, a Northern Ireland Priority Species, have been recorded at this site.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Portmuck/Ballylumford Harbour: 028 9336 6666