Access is from Ballyholme Yacht Club slip. Access must be obtained from Ballyholme Yacht Club prior to dive and the cost to dive is £5 (Ballyholme Yacht Club tel: 02891271467). The site is approximately 70 metres out from the slip.
Car parking is available at Ballyholme Yacht club, where there are also toilets. Alternatively car parking is available on the Seacliff Road just north of the yacht club.
Nearest tank filling is DV Diving, Newtownards.
- Boat traffic from Ballyholme Yacht Club and Bangor.
- Can be affected by groundswell.
- Visibility can be very poor during a NW wind.
The Grid, set up by the Ballyholme Dive Team in 2016, is marked by ropes and directional arrows, and covers ~700metres of seabed. This is a shallow dive on a relatively flat sandy bay with ripples, burrows and occasional boulders. This is a great site for trainees.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here
- Ballyholme Yacht Club: 028 9127 1467