By boat from Portrush. The site is approx 250 metres to the north of Ramore Head in the middle between North Island Ean, South Island Ean and The Otter Isles (east of The Skerries).
Portrush Harbour offers free car parking above the harbour, public toilets in the harbour office and a slipway on the North Pier. There is a barrier to the harbour which is staffed during office hours, 7 days a week from April – September. Fees apply; for use contact Portrush Harbour Office: 02870822307 / 0788981860.
Nearest tank filling is Aquaholics in Portstewart (028 7083 2584)
The bedrock walls of the Otter Isles and Ean Islands have many small gullies, with boulders at the base, which transition into a coarse sediment seabed.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here
- Portrush Harbour Office: 02870822307
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 12.