By boat from Carlingford or Greenore. The site is approx. 0.5km south of Soldiers Point (north side of Carlingford Lough), marked by Buoy No. 9.
Carlingford Marina provides facilities including a slip, pontoons and toilets (visit: https://www.carlingfordmarina.com/). Public toilets are also available near to the western pier in Carlingford.
Small boats can be launched from the shore at Greenore. Free car parking is available above the launch site: https://goo.gl/maps/Xv6PPocjis3ftBMP9 The nearest public toilets are in Carlingford village.
A bedrock and boulder slope from 6-16 metres.
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’. F
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Carlingford Lough: +353 42 937 3072
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 12/16.