By boat from Carlingford or Greenore. The site is approx. 0.5km south of Soldiers Point (north side of Carlingford Lough), marked by Buoy No. 9.
Carlingford Marina provides facilities including a slip, pontoons and toilets (visit: https://www.carlingfordmarina.com/). Public toilets are also available near to the western pier in Carlingford.
Small boats can be launched from the shore at Greenore. Free car parking is available above the launch site: https://goo.gl/maps/Xv6PPocjis3ftBMP9 The nearest public toilets are in Carlingford village.
A bedrock and boulder slope from 6-16 metres.
The bedrock and boulders are covered in kelp park, mixed seaweeds and faunal turf. A diversity of reef fish can be seen, including the two-spotted goby Gobiusculus flavescens and the Tompot blenny Parablennius gattorugine.
View all species records from this siteA link to the dive site location on the NBN Atlas Northern Ireland website, showing all species records from within a 1km boundary of the site centroid. Any new species records from the site submitted to Seasearch, iRecord, CEDaR Online Recording or iNaturalist will appear here
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’. F
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Carlingford Lough: +353 42 937 3072
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 12/16.
Leave a Comment
Dived here recently? Then let other divers know about this site from your experience!