By boat exit from Ardglass Harbour. The site is approximately 1.5km in a SW direction at the entrance to Killough Bay.
Ardglass provides all weather protection for boats and easy offshore access in most weather conditions. The slipway is 20m long and 4m wide. Contact the harbour master beforehand as it is a busy fishing harbour (Tel: 028 4484 2332). Public toilets can be found at 3 Castle cove in the town and there is car parking at the North Pier on Quay Street.
The rocky outcrop of Water Rock is covered in kelp and mixed algae.
The rocky outcrop is covered in kelp and seaweed. Water Rock is also a haulout site for seals.
View all species records from this siteA link to the dive site location on the NBN Atlas Northern Ireland website, showing all species records from within a 1km boundary of the site centroid. Any new species records from the site submitted to Seasearch, iRecord, CEDaR Online Recording or iNaturalist will appear here
- In an emergency call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- Follow VHF radio Channel 16 (156.8 MHz), the international distress frequency. Send a distress alert followed by ‘MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY’ and ‘This is [boat name]’.
- Find nearest defibrillator (AED) here.
- Ardglass Harbour Master: 028 44 841291 / 07990648274
- When navigating within the harbour/marina, use VHF Channel 12.
Leave a Comment
Dived here recently? Then let other divers know about this site from your experience!